Top video editing mobos in diverse price ranges. The best motherboard for video editing depends on your financial needs or level of experience.
If you want to learn how to make video editing easier than you ever imagined and you’re just getting started, we wouldn’t recommend anything.
- Best Mobo for video editing
- Asus ROG Maximus XII Extreme – Best High-End Intel Gaming Motherboard
- Gigabyte Z490 Aorus Master
- ROG Strix Z590-E – Best Intel Gaming Motherboard For Adobe Premiere Pro
- Asus ROG X570 Crosshair VIII Hero – Best AMD Motherboard For editing
- MSI MPG Z490 GAMING CARBON WIFI – Great Intel Gaming Motherboard for the Money
- MSI MEG X570 GODLIKE – Best High-End AMD Ryzen
- ASRock B460 Steel Legend – Premium Quality Cheap Motherboard
- Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
- MSI Enthusiastic Z270 Gaming M5
- ASRock B450M-HDV R4.0 AM4 AMD
- Asus Prime B550M-A WiFi AM
- MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC
- How do I choose the best video editing motherboard?
For professional video editors to see the maximum out the potential of their software is another story. This software application is built for reading and sharing PCGear Lab’s APIs.
If you want to have a motherboard for mining GPU cards we suggest buying a high hash rate GPU. The best video editor and Mobos ever made. One of the major difficulties while buying a motherboard is which model to buy Gigabyte vs Asus here we mentioned all brand best mobos.
Table of Contents
Best Mobo for video editing
If you have a video editing laptop or looking for the best motherboard for Adobe Premiere Pro, First you must have a CPU with more cores, a decent graphics card, high-speed drives, and various connectivity technologies.It’s also compatible with the best 1070 mining GPU.
The best motherboard for video editing for AMD FX 6300 FX can also be a gaming motherboard because most important games require high-end GPUs. Check them down to be sure that it’ll be the best Hackintosh motherboard for your video processing system.
Asus ROG Maximus XII Extreme – Best High-End Intel Gaming Motherboard
The Asus ROG Maximus XII Extreme is a powerful gaming motherboard for 10th gen Intel Core processors. The 16 Infineon TDA21490 power stages each rated at 90 amps allow the processor to perform efficiently, while high-quality alloy chokes and durable capacitors.
Ensure a smooth electricity flow from one stage of your device’s circuit board set up in its place right through another. This also means that there will never be any missed signals or gaps between components because they’re designed with such care as well.
The company even added extra-large heatsinks on VRM (voltage regulation module), chipset, and M2 slots among others which ensures these parts stay cool during intense gameplay sessions without overworking themselves; all thanks again to AI cooling technology reducing fan and AMD best processors for video editing.
The Maximus XII Extreme is the perfect motherboard for those who want to build a system equipped with top-of-the-line hardware 4k motherboard can easily support 2080 GPU.
- Intel socket LGA 1200 10th gen, Pentium, Gold, and Celeron Processor supported.
- It has 8 DDR4 DIMM slots that can accommodate up to 128 GB of memory at speeds of 4133 MHz.
- The I/O panel has 2 USB 3.1 Type-A connectors
- It features M.2 and SATA interface to ensure fast data transfer
- The Intel Optane Memory support means faster boot time.
- Additionally, Sonic Radar III provides accurate positional audio detection.
Gigabyte Z490 Aorus Master
AORUS is the brand of gaming gear dedicated to providing gamers with an inspiring and unique gaming experience. We are committed to building up a strong gamer community, where AORUS provides the best hardware for gamers to enjoy games at their best.
The Z390 Aorus Master is best Motherboard for video editing this motherboard also supports 9th Gen Intel® Core processors in the LGA1151 package, based on the Coffee Lake Refresh platform, with integrated graphics, memory, and PCI Express controllers to support onboard graphics output with dedicated chipsets, dual-channel (4-DIMM) DDR4 memory
The Gigabyte Z490 Aorus Master is the best motherboard for video editing you can get in 2021. This motherboard has everything that a pro-editor could ever need.
It’s built with all Intel components which makes it easy to use this motherboard for editing, streaming or design work right out of the box. The Z490 supports up to 8 CPUs and it can be combined with two M.2 slots for blazing-fast NVMe SSDs.
But if you use an older/slower SATA III SSD then you could even combine four drives because there are six SATA ports onboard. Thunderbolt 3 can be used not only for external GPU enclosures but also for a dock or any other device that you would connect to your workstation.
There’s one more USB Type C gen 2 type port at the back which you could use as an HDMI out this could be helpful if you want to connect a 4K display for monitoring purposes.
The Aorus Master motherboard has three M.2 slots and even though two of them are covered with a metal plate(that’s where your SSDs go) there’s still enough room for airflow under the drive bay an important factor if you want high-performance SSDs for editing purposes.
And if it’s not enough, you can get an M.2 WiFi card which would give you superfast connectivity at Gigabit speeds via 802.11ac Wave 2 + Bluetooth 5 combo module.
The Z490 Aorus Master motherboard supports triple channel DDR4 memory up to a staggering 128GB. In other words, if you need more than 32GB of RAM for your editing work then this is the best motherboard for Adobe Premiere Pro.
- Supports 9th/ 8th Gen Intel® Core™ / Pentium® Gold / Celeron® processors for LGA 1151 socket
- Built with AORUS M.2 thermal guards and M.2 shield heatsink.
- PCIe slot fortifying plate and integrated I/O shield.
- ARGB Sync support: Synchronize the lighting effects between your system.
- Lightning Fast Game Experience: 3x TURBO M.2 with M.2 Shield, LIGHTNING USB 3.1 Gen2 and Intel® Optane™ Memory Ready
- Realtek S1200A Codec supports 7.1-Channel High Definition Audio;
- Dual Real-World SuperSpeed USB (USB3.1 Gen 2) Type-C ports
- Available as Type-A port; Multi-GPU support (SLI/CROSSFIRE)
ROG Strix Z590-E – Best Intel Gaming Motherboard For Adobe Premiere Pro
The ROG Strix Z590-E is a gaming motherboard with an 11th Gen Intel Core processor, designed to unleash the maximum performance for gaming and VR with the best processor for video editing.
The new 1151 socket supports Intel’s latest processors, including unlocked options for overclocking. The ROG Strix 590-E has a 14+2 power stage design that delivers a robust power solution with high-quality alloy chokes and durable capacitors to support multi-core processors.
It features ProCool II heatsinks for MOSFETs and memory slots as well as onboard M.2 heatsinks for PCIe-based SSDs.
For the gamer who has it all, ROG Strix Z590-E is a complete gaming system that delivers epic performance and incredible audio.
With up to an 8th Gen Intel Core i9 processor and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 graphics, ROG Strix Z590-E delivers epic performance for gaming, VR, and multimedia applications with video editing CPU.
The advanced cooling system features an exclusive 3D vapor chamber that provides efficient thermal management and keeps your components cool even in the heat of battle. And with Aura Sync lighting on both the motherboard and graphics card for video editing software like Sony Vegas Pro.
- LGA1151 socket for 9th/ 8th Gen Intel® Core™ / Pentium® Gold / Celeron® processors.
- Supports up to 128GB of memory via 4 DIMMs, up to 2666MHz with overclocking support.
- Supports NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 graphics. SLI and CrossFireX multi-GPU support.
- ROG DIMM.2 slot supports dual-slot and slim-type M.2 SSDs or Intel® Optane Memory as optional bootable storage for instant system bootups.
- Realtek S1200A Codec: 7.1-Channel High Definition Audio.
- Supports Exclusive SupremeFX Shielding Technology and Sonic Radar III gaming audio suite.
- LED illuminated audio jacks for cleanest sound reproduction.
- Power preasure noise elimination technology provides specific shielding with perfect precision.
- Dedicated audio PCB layers
Asus ROG X570 Crosshair VIII Hero – Best AMD Motherboard For editing
The Asus ROG X570 Crosshair VIII Hero is a cutting-edge motherboard built for serious 8th Gen AMD Ryzen processors. It is designed to have the best possible gaming performance and overclocking support with dual M.2 drives.
Integrated Aura Sync RGB lighting for your case fans, USB 3.2 connectivity, PCIe 4.0 capability, eight SATA ports, an Intel Gigabit NIC for lag-free gaming online, and more.
You’ll never look at another best motherboard the same way. The all-new ROG Crosshair VIII Hero is engineered with an exclusive design that lets you create a personalized gaming system.
That’s truly your own. With Aura Sync, RGB lighting, and 5-Way Optimization tuning, it’s easy to express yourself while getting peak performance and reliability.
The Crosshair VIII Hero was designed for creating the perfect canvas for your style and the best motherboards for video editing and can also support AMD or Intel CPU.
You can customize the colors on the board itself or use our intuitive Aura software to personalize both the LED lighting on your board and the illumination for up to four CORSAIR RGB fans.
ROG Crosshair VIII Hero features the most advanced integrated sensors, capable of detecting temperatures, voltages, and fan speeds with incredible accuracy.
The new ROG-exclusive DIMM.2 module works with both standard 2D M.2 drives or Optane Persistent Memory that boosts performance while lowering power consumption by taking drive access off the best CPU for video editing.
Power pressure noise elimination technology provides specific shielding with perfect precision. A dedicated base-clock generator designed for AMD platforms gives you the freedom to tune BCLK intervals to find an optimal balance between system stability, performance, and overclocking margins.
- LGA AM4 socket for AMD Ryzen CPUs – Support up to 65W TDP processors.
- Supports DDR4 Memory – Up to 4400MHz (OC).
- Dual Channel, max. 64GB Unbuffered memory, 4 RAM slot design.
- AMD ROG Crosshair VII Socket AM4 Motherboard provides maximum performance and compatibility with AMD Ryzen processors and 7th Gen A-series / Athlon Processors for socket AM4.
- ROG SupremeFX S1220A Codec: 7.1-Channel High Definition Audio.
- Intel I211AT Gigabit Ethernet:
- 1x Gigabit LAN port and 1x Gigabit WAN port.
- Supports Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac and Bluetooth V5
MSI MPG Z490 GAMING CARBON WIFI – Great Intel Gaming Motherboard for the Money
The MSI MPG Z490 is the best motherboard for video editing for 7th gen Intel Coffee Lake processors. It features the AM4 socket, but will also accommodate 8th generation chips.
You can use dual GPUs in SLI or Crossfire with this board, for top-notch multimedia and gaming performance.
The MSI Z490 Gaming Carbon is the ultimate gaming budget motherboard built with high-quality components, excellent thermal design, and great aesthetics to ensure you can game at your best.
The MSI Z490 Gaming Carbon is engineered to give you the best gaming experience. It features a unique look with Mystic Light RGB LED lighting on the PCH heatsink cover, M.2 Shield Frozr cooler, and I/O shroud.
It also has multiple temperature sensors and Fans Control functions so you can monitor every aspect of your system’s performance.
- Best Motherboard for 10th generation CPUs.
- Intel I219-V Gigabit Ethernet
- 128GB DDR4 supported
- WiFi AC 9560 2×2 Wave 2 802.11ac , Bluetooth 5.0
- M2_1 slot supports 2242/ 2260 /2280 storage devices M2_3rd Slot Supports 2242 / 2260 / 2280 storage devices
- PCIe 4x slots Steel Armor PCI-E slots Supports NVIDIA SLI & AMD CROSSFIRE
MSI MEG X570 GODLIKE – Best High-End AMD Ryzen
The MSI MEG X570 Godlike is the best motherboard for video editing when it comes to performance. If you are looking for a powerful motherboard that provides the highest possible speeds with best processor for video editing when running different applications, then this may be the one for you.
It has the AM4 socket type but will also accommodate 9th generation CPUs. You can use dual graphics cards in Crossfire or SLI here without any problems with high-quality multimedia and gaming performance.
- Deals with heavy tasks like rendering video very smoothly.
- Support for 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen Processors and future AMD Ryzen processors with BIOS update.
- On-board 2.5G LAN and Gigabit LAN with gaming LAN manager, and Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax).
- Audio Boost HD technology with isolated circuitry.
- 4 DDR4 x DIMM supported up to Max. 128GB with 4533MHz
ASRock B460 Steel Legend – Premium Quality Cheap Motherboard
The ASRock B460 Steel Legend provides premium quality sound to enhance your gaming experience. It is equipped with Realtek ALC1220 codec, which delivers superior sound by eliminating common sound issues like background noise and interference to give you the ultimate audio experience.
The Realtek LAN controller reduces latency and ensures reliable online connections for faster video streaming. Moreover, it also features a heavy-duty power design for stable performance during gameplay.
ASRock B460M Steel Legend motherboard is a great choice for your new AM2+ build. It features the AMD A68H chipset and supports up to 2133MHz DDR4 memory. ASRock Steel Legend is built with 10-layer PCBs and premium alloy components.
The motherboard features a digital power design that provides the CPU with stable power delivery to unleash its full performance. It also offers high current capacity, error detection capabilities, and improved durability for heavy load applications.
- High-quality Intel I219V Gigabit Ethernet keeps your network lag-free as well as providing reliable networking performance for online gaming and multimedia streaming.
- Supports 10th Gen Intel Core Processors(Socket 1200)
- Intel CNVi 802.11ac Wave 2 single-band Wi-Fi provides strong Wi-Fi connectivity for improved gaming.
- Premium-quality audio with the Realtek ALC1220 codec, which delivers superior sound by removing common sound issues like background noise and interference.
- Realtek LAN controller reduces latency and ensures reliable online connectivity for faster video streaming.
- Intelligent overclocking tools plus an optimized style of PCB configuration improves stability and performance during gameplay.
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
The Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master is a full-sized ATX motherboard that features an extensive range of compatibility and appearances. The board can support 8 core CPUs, whereas its predecessor only had the capability to go up to 6 cores with their previous release in 2017.
This was all thanks solely because you could install High-End Video Editing Memory on it so it is the best motherboard for Ryzen 7 3800x. There’s also still a 4 pin power connector available for when tweaking becomes too much work or sanity isn’t enough anymore.
The latest Aorus Z390 boards from MSI are designed to handle heavy-duty, high-resolution video editing tasks such as those needed for professional event live streams.
Built with 128GB of DDR4 memory and six SATA ports in addition to a couple of M2 slots – this board has all the specs necessary so you can get your work done quickly without any issues.
Additionally, there’s plenty of customization options available if we’re not quite sure what exactly will suit our needs at first glance; after selecting “Custom Build” on-screen 1A+, system 2C+ or 3B-, users have access to over 100 different modules which enable them to construct their very own customized system just right.
The motherboard has 3 PCI-E x16 slots (4x speed, 8x speeds and full speed respectively) with 3 v1 types of USB ports.
There are also plenty more including one at the back that is capable of Type C connections as well as audio outputs through RCA jacks or speaker holes on both sides.
Additionally, there are networking capabilities thanks to Gigabit LAN support from cFosSpeed.
The Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master is a high-end gaming motherboard that features an advanced thermal design.
It comes with the SB turbocharger and fast charge support to keep your smartphone device charged while you’re having fun, plus it has heat pipes for better performance than ever before.
- Supports 8th and 9th-Gen Intel CPUs
- Dual-channel non-ECC DDR4
- RGB Fusion with multi-zone LED light
- State-of-the-art thermal design
- Compatible with Intel Optane memory
- Features reinforced PCIe slots
- USB TurboCharger for fast charging
MSI Enthusiastic Z270 Gaming M5
The Z270 Gaming M5 is one of the most distinctive-looking motherboards on today’s market. From its jet black PCB that’s accentuated with silvery and greyish accents, to RGB LEDs for added flair this board has it all.
There are 2 M.2 interfaces as well an accompanying software enabling you can plug in any LED strip synchronized at your desired brightness levels through their corresponding ports below them or attach more onto either side if they’re still available (4 total).
- Supports 6th and 7th-Gen Intel CPUs
- DDR4 boost with steel armor
- M.2 device protection with M.2 shield
- Supports DDR4-4133+ memory
- Optimized memory layout for stability
ASRock B450M-HDV R4.0 AM4 AMD
The B450M-HDV is a mini-ITX is the best cheap motherboard, which means its basic layout allows it to be ideal for working with content creation apps.
Use the DIMM slots on this motherboard to load as much as 32GB of DDR4 RAM and create as large as an 8TB hard drive through three SATA connections or install up to 2 NVME SSDs for faster data transfer speeds.
The ASRock B450M-HDV R4.0 is a cost-effective and well-rounded motherboard that can handle any task you throw at it without breaking a sweat and is the best gaming motherboard.
This budget-friendly gaming board performance for all needs with ease, from multi-GPU setup in CrossfireX or SLI modes up to DDR4 3600mhz memory kits.
A PCIe Slot allows room for either an NVMe SSD drive so fast loading times are never an issue, perfect if you’re looking for a little extra “kick” when encoding or editing videos in Premiere Pro.
For added convenience, the power phase design offers smooth voltage control along with an additional M.2 slot built in the back of the motherboard – perfect for hooking up your Optane caching system to aid with data transfer speeds when using multiple NVME SSDs installed at once.
- Supports AMD AM4 Socket Ryzen CPUs and 7th Generation A-series / Athlon Processors
- DDR4 memory interface for high capacity storage
- Dual-channel DDR4 Memory architecture
- Integrated AMD Radeon Vega Series Graphics in 7th Gen A-Series APU *1
- AMD B350 chipset allows overclocking through BIOS updates
- Q-Flash Plus update utility enables bootable USB option via BIOS flash without CPU, DRAM or other components
- Enhanced Realtek Gigabit LAN controller for better network performance
Asus Prime B550M-A WiFi AM
The Asus Prime B550M-A WiFi has a gentle, elegant design with a tried and true Asus aesthetic appeal.
If you’re looking for a stylish motherboard that can deliver on performance yet not break the bank this is an excellent option.
With four DIMM slots, there’s room for up to 64GB of DDR4 RAM so best motherboard for video editing and you can load smooth content creation apps like Adobe Premiere Pro with best motherboard.
Blackmagic DaVinci Resolve graphics card or After Effects GPU without worrying about laggy performance issues during playback.
The new Ryzen 2nd generation processors are supported by the AM4 socket which means there are plenty of upgrade options available to Intel Core i3/i5/i7 CPUs as well amazing overclocking capabilities.
Along with high capacity, NVME SSD supports so you can still take advantage of super-fast boot times without sacrificing storage capacity.
The Asus Prime B550M-A WiFi AM4 is a well-rounded, great performing motherboard that offers a sleek, yet sturdy design for all kinds of use cases.
The board offers good overall performance and if paired with an amazing power supply like the Corsair RM650x it truly shines as a high-end choice.
- AM4 CPU socket for AMD Ryzen
- AMD Promontory B450 chipset
- Relate ALC887 7.1-Channel CODEC
- Flaunts a Micro ATX form factor
- AMD Ryzen processor and 7th Generation A-series / Athlon Processor supported
- DDR4 memory interface for high capacity storage (up to 64GB)
- Dual-channel DDR4 memory architecture
- Fast 802.11ac WiFi for high-speed LAN connectivity
- ASUS LAN Guard ensures low latency and fast networking speeds via LAN port
- Graphic interface supported by both Integrated AMD Radeon Vega Series graphics in 7th Gen A-Series APU *1 or discrete PCIe 2.0/3.0 cards
MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC
The MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC is an exciting choice for someone who’s looking to build a high-end, powerful PC with great performance.
With quad-channel memory support, it’s easy to load up on RAM without worrying about potential bottlenecking issues.
It comes equipped with six SATA III ports for fast storage and if you’re planning on loading up your new rig with high capacity NAND flash drives like the BPX Pro or any other M2/PCIe NVMe 3.0 x4 SSD.
Then this motherboard has a generous three M.2 slots available along with a huge nine internal PCIe 3.0/2.0 expansion slots so it doesn’t matter what kind of graphics card combination you want to implement there’s plenty of room to accommodate it.
The Intel I219-V Gigabit LAN controller and Killer E2500 NIC both provide excellent internet connectivity for blazing fast web surfing, email and Skype calls if you prefer.
The built-in AC Wi-Fi provides smooth streaming capabilities for your favorite Twitch streams or Netflix movies etc since the WiFi AC wave2 is supported along with BT 5.0 as well.
If gaming on a budget is what you’re looking for then this is an excellent choice thanks to its excellent VRM design which can easily overclock most CPUs under $300 so the new AMD Ryzen 2nd generation architecture isn’t going to hold you back either.
- Audio Boost 4 with Nahimic 2+
- Gaming wireless and LAN support
- Supports Dual Channel DDR4 Memory Technology
- 4 x DDR4 memory slots with support for up to 64GB
- Supports ECC, XMP with DIMMs based on the Intel X299 chipset
- Fast M.2 slot (M key) equipped with PCIe Gen3 x4 & SATA interface
- GIGABYTE exclusive 2-Way CrossFire technology at x16 / x8+x8 speed
- Dual Rear USB 3.1 (Type-A + Type-C), Triple Front USB 3.1 Gen1 (Type-A) and 6 x Front USB 2.0 / 1.1 ports
- Supports Core X-Series CPU Family
- Intel GbE LAN chip (10/100/1000 Mbit) and Killer Wireless AC 1535 WLAN module (802.11 ac)
How do I choose the best video editing motherboard?
Buying the best motherboard in editing video content is more important than buying an gaming machine. The key aspect is getting it compatible with the CPU.
Here is more information that we would appreciate having. We’ll talk about what to look for in a video processing box when choosing what reasons to buy a video elaborating tool.
We even discuss the cases in which you can sell cheap versus cases where you should not.
What is a good motherboard for video editing?
Most of the above are the best motherboard to use for video editing if you have no budget issue then Asus ROG Maximus XII Extreme could be the best choice to pair with your CPU.
What is the best CPU to pair for Adobe Premiere video editing?
To smoothly use Adobe Premiere Pro, you’ll need a Core i7 or AMD equivalent with 8 cores and at least 3.2 GHz minimum speed per core.
Nvidia graphics cards are also recommended for smooth performance in this powerful video editing software.
Do you need a graphics card for video editing?
The usage of the GPU depends on the software of your choice. Adobe Premiere for example uses an excellent GPU.
If you are a professional then you need a graphic card for editing videos 1080e or greater resolution especially those with heavy VFX and 3D details.
The significance of GPU depends on what type of video editors you have. For a mere student, you don’t need to worry much with a dedicated GPU for video editing (given tight budgets and limited growth).
Do you need a lot of cores for video editing?
Different tasks are suited to different CPU parameters. For the CPU, timing matters more in After Effect. Multiple core’s impacts are increased by Premiere Pro.
The sweet spot to run both applications is an 8-core CPU. Especially for actual work on workspaces, Viewports, Preview pages, a better Single-Core performance would benefit you a lot.
For example, rendering is a task that can be managed efficiently with the more cores you have, but for real work, a faster CPU would take a lot more work than the memory required.
I’m Rashid Minhas, and I am a tech writer who loves to try new gadgets. I work as the SEO Manager TrendingMafia where I write about everything from how to use technology in your business, to clarify good product to make choice I also test out all of the latest and gadgets that come along.