The Intel Core i5 9400F is the best mid-range gaming CPU and provides impressive give performance if linked with the best GPU. It is the perfect selection for high-performance and low-budget CPU lovers. We have selected the best graphics card for i5 9400F in 2021 to give the best performance and avoid bottlenecks for each price range customer.
If you are an Intel fan then this could be the suggested CPU to buy for gaming only. If you want to perform a multithreading task then we would suggest checking Ryzen 5 2600X which is better than the Intel i5 9400F in multi-threading performance you might also have to pay some extra dollars for that.
If you are a streamer and video editor then AMD Ryzen 5 2600X is the best alternative to i5 9400F in performance if not then Core i5 is best in gaming performance only to Ryzen 5.
RTX 3070 Best GPU for i5 9400F
RTX 3070 is the best suitable graphics card for i5 9400F if you want to play games on up to 4k resolution with 144hz and 8 GB of VRAM because playing the game on 4k or 1440p is really joyous.
RTX 3070 GPU Features
RTX 3070 is the third card which structure is based on NVIDIA Ampere Streaming Multiprocessors. With RT and Tensor core of 3070 GPU, it has 5888 CUDA cores which run with 14000 MHz. It has a base clock speed of 1500 and boosts up to 1725 MHz.
You will get better ray tracing and DLSS as compare to previous models.
It has while the backside of 3070 is metallic to provide protection and on the backside, you will have OC and silent mode switch to change performance according to your requirements.
It has a triple heat sink design which has five composite heat pipes which have direct contact with GPU and provide cooling to VRAM. 3070 GPU is famous for most of 1080 and 1440p gaming performance because those resolutions are quite very popular among gamers.
With RTX 3070 GPU for 1440p 144hz games, you will get mostly 60+ FPS with a smooth gaming experience. If you want to play a 1080p game with 244hz it can easily support most games even like Cyber Punk 2077 with ultra-graphics and over 60 FPS.and the recommended power supply for RTX 3070 is 650 Watt with 8 and 6 pin connectors.
This could be the best GPU for 1080p high FPS Esports gaming with i5 9400F
RTX 3070 Gaming Benchmark
For first we will test the 3070 GPU cards with 2070S Founder Edition and let us compare their FPS rates.
- First running Assassin Creed Odyssey 1440 ultra setting on RTX 3070 you will get an average of 79 FPS while on 2070s you will have the 62 FPS.
- After this we also tested 3070 GPU with Anthem 1440p ultra setting the FPS for 3070 GPU were 104 FPS while on 2070 we had only 72FPS which is huge difference.
- With Battle Field V 1440p Ultra and RTX on with RTX 3070 card we have the 93 FPS on average while on 2070 we were have about 66 FPS.
- Witcher 3 were also tested on both GPUs on 3070 1440p and ultra setting we have 100+FPS while on 2070 we have 76 FPS on average.
- While GTA V on RTX 3070 with 1440p and ultra-setting and MSAA X4 you will get 75+ FPS. While GTA 5 on RTX 3070 with 4k and ultra-setting you will have 60+ FPS
EVGA GeForce RTX 3060 XC Gaming
EVGA GeForce RTX 3060 XC is the best graphics card for Intel Core i5 9400F CPU for 1440p 144hz gaming. RTX 3060 is the affordable GPU for budget gamers who wants to play games on Ray Tracing and DLSS. You can also enjoy most of the modern games like GTA V with ultra settings and 1080 144Hz gaming without any lag.
RTX 3060 XC Features
GeForce RTX 3060 is also based on Ampere architecture this powerful gaming GPU has 3584 CUDA cores and has 15000 MHz of memory speed with the latest 12 GB of DDR6 VRAM.
This is an affordable second-generation ray-tracing GPU card for gaming fans. RTX 3060 GPU Supports 4K 120Hz HDR and RTX 3060 Ti support 8K 60Hz HDR and Variable Refresh Rate as specified in HDMI 2.1. To make GPU temperature cool it has a dual-fan to make GPU cooler. RTX 3060 has 1882 MHz Boost Clock speed and has a bandwidth of 360GB/s. So, RTX 3060 is the best graphics card for 1440p and High Graphics 4K Gaming with i5-9400F.
The recommended power supply of RTX 3060 Ti is 750 Watt. If you want to make GPU card cable stable and avoid the issue you can use Connector for Nvidia which supports all RTX cards till 20 series like EVGA Powerlink, Support All NVIDIA Founders Edition & All EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 and 10 series, and even 1660 GPU cards.
The RTX 3060 is the best affordable and high-performance GPU recommended for the i5 9400F CPU to enjoy 1080p 144Hz gaming in 2021.
RTX 3060 Gaming Benchmark
The RTX 3060 Ti is tested with various games for gaming benchmark below you will get the average FPS for the 1080p and 1440p games.
- First, we tested RTX 3060 TI with Hitman 3 with 1080p and all setting were on ultra and were have the average of 118 FPS and with 1440p you will get 90+ FPS the game was flawless with not even single frame drop.
- Now its time to test the latest and modern game Cyberpunk with GeForce 3060Ti with setting set on maxed and latest RTX set on ultra and DLSS also enabled we were have about 49 FPS for Cyberpunk 2077 on 1080p while with Cyberpunk 2077 1440p we were only have 30+ FPS with smooth gameplay.
- Fortnite with 1080p with 3060 card with RTX off and max setting you will get about above 120 FPS.
- Also, tested GTA V with RTX 3060 card while the in game settings were ultra on 1080p we had about 90+ FPS with in game and while on 1440p GTA V have about 60+ FPS.
ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT
AMD Radeon RX 6800XT is the best GPU for gamers built by ASUS TUF for those who are willing to play games with max settings and raytracing for 1440p games. Interestingly the AMD RX 6800 is better in performance than GeForce 3070 Ti but with a slight increase in the cost of AMD. AMD 6800XT GPU is also best for 4k gaming in which you will get about 60 FPS.
RX 6800 XT performs 12% more than 3070 in terms of performance and with excellent triple fans which help in reducing GPU temperature.
AMD RX 6800 XT Features
AMD 6800XT core speed is 2080 while on the game clock it can be boosted up to 2340 MHz while on gaming mod its normal clock speed is 2065MHz and can be boosted up to 2310MHz. This could all happens with the help of 4608 stream processors. 6800XT GPU has 16 GB of GDDR6 latest memory which has a memory speed of 16GB/s.
RTX 6800XT has a digital max resolution of 7680×4320 which in result you can run most of the games on 4k on smooth FPS. Furthermore, AMD 6800XT has 1 HDMI 2.1 and 3 display port with 1.4. The power connector of GPU has two 8pins connector and the recommended PSU for AMD RX 6800XT is 750 watts suggested by the official manufacturer to fully the necessary GPU requirements.
With modern 3 fans which helps to lower the GPU temperature, this card might be a little noisy because it can produce a noise level of 34DBA.
AMD 6800 XT FPS Benchmark for games
Tested most of the latest and modern games on 6800XT GPU and the result was absolutely impressive.
- Red Dead redemption FPS test with AMD 6800XT with ultra-game settings and 1080p and the FPS were about 100+ while on 1440p you will get about 85+ FPS and with 4k resolution you will get 60 FPS or more with smooth gameplay.
- On Cyberpunk 2077 with 6800XT GPU with all max setting with 1080p you will get an average of 97 FPS and Cyberpunk with 1440p you will get an average of 76 FPS while with 2160p you will get 34 FPS which is absolutely smooth to play Cyberpunk 2077.
- AMD 6800XT GTA V FPS test 4k resolution and within game MSA set to X8 and with advanced settings on you will get average of 30FPS and with same setting and GTA V on 1080p you will get 60+ FPS while in game you might also FPS to 90. Now on 1080p with same GTA 5 settings and the the only resolution is changed you will get more than 70 FPS.
ASUS GeForce RTX 2060 Overclocked
ASUS GeForce RTX 2060 OC is the best affordable graphics card for core i5 9400F and this card is powered by the Turin GPU architecture and the all-new RTX platform. Which in return gives you improvement up to 6X in performance from other previous-generation graphics cards and brings the power of real-time ray tracing and AI to games.
ASUS GeForce RTX 2060 OC Features
RTX 2060 OC GPU by ASUS has 1920 CUDA cores and in OC mode GPU base clock speed is 1395MHz and GPU boost clock speed is 1785MHz. While in gaming mode GPU base clock speed is 1365 MHz and can boost up to 1755MHz. 2060 card has 6 GB of DDR6 VRAM which has a memory speed of 14000MHz. RTX 2060 OC can compete with RTX 2070 in performance in overclock mode.
RTX 2060 has a maximum of 4 display supports which will also help in online game streaming to connect multiple monitors.
And the recommended PSU for GeForce RTX 2060 OC is 500 watts and it requires a power connector of 1 x 8-pins.
GeForce RTX 2060 OC Gaming Benchmark
Now upon testing 2060 OC for different games the result was insane most of the modern games can run smoothly like some of the results are as under.
- First we tested Battle Field V for RTX 2060 OC with ultra game settings and resolution set to 1080p 144Hz the average FPS were 100.
- For PUBG PC test with RTX 2060 with 1080 resolution and max in game settings the average FPS were 114.
- Now with Fortnite max in game settings with 1080p you will have an average of 100 FPS of flawless gameplay.
- Apex legend with GeForce 2060 OC card also with max setting and same resolution you will have average of 131 FPS.
- If you are Need For speed Lover with 2060 OC upon max game setting you will get with average of 80 FPS for 1080p resolution.
MSI Gaming GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
GeForce GTX 1070Ti Graphics card is a good option for playing games on 1080p resolution.
It gives you an impressive gameplay experience even when you are playing games on 1080p ultra settings. Ampere architecture is also introduced by Nvidia which is also included in this 1070ti GPU. MSI 1070 Ti has the latest GDDR5 VRAM for smoother gameplay. If you are looking for a budget CPU for 1080p gaming then this is the best GPU for i5-9400f for 144hz gameplay.
GeForce GTX 1070Ti Features
GTX 1070Ti is the best GPU to buy for under 500$ this GPU has an impressive game performance. GTX 1070 Ti has a 2432 CUDA core and also has a base core speed of 1607MHz which can boost to 1683 MHz.
1070 TI GPU has 8 GB of DDR5 VRAM which in size is greater than GDD6 Ram while may perform low in terms of speed because GTX 1070 Ti has 8008MHz of memory speed. While in terms of power this card is very close in performance to a GTX 1080 card. The card is a killer at max 1080p and max 1440p settings for most games.
It has Twin Frozr VI means to have smooth heat pipes which helps to low the GPU temperature The Twin Frozr VI cooling solution is probably one of the best in the game. Better heatsink, better fan quality to ensure you get the maximum cooling when using the afterburner OC software.
The recommended power supply for GTX 1070 TI is 500 watts. It also has a 6×1, 8×1 pin connector.
GTX 1070 Ti Gaming Benchmark
- Beastly max’s everything out at 1080p, In AC origins literally everything is set to its maximum, rendering at 2715 x 1527, getting about 55fps avg no OC.
Quiet AF. Seriously, maybe its just because the comparison was a super noisy wind force 7950, but this thing can barely be heard even when it ramps up, which it barely needs to ramp up the fans because this thing stays so cool. Barely reaches 70c, seriously does not even reach it, in any game. Even with gpu at 99% use for extended times, and this is all on air/ fan cooling.
- Ashes of the SIngularity, Ghost Recon: Wildlands and Witcher 3 all 60+ FPS maxed out 2K.
- Overwatch on a 1440p will give you the average FPS of 162.
If you only want to play 1080p and 2k games then GTX 1070 Ti is the best affordable graphics card worth buying.
Is there any 244 Hz Monitor for Gaming
Yes, there are many 244 Hz gaming monitors available with which you can easily enjoy your favorite game on 1080p to 4k. If you are looking for a high-quality gaming monitor with a 240Hz refresh rate and 4k monitors resolution it will cost you more than Asus 1080p monitors.
Now to finalize the Best Graphics card for i5 9400F in Nvidia is RTX 3070 card while in AMD RX 6800XT is the best GPU to buy for 1440p ray tracing gaming experience. After 3070 GPU you can also go on with RTX 3060 GPU which is a little bit low in performance but you can play most of your game with 1440p ray tracing.
If you want a budget GPU card then the 2060 TI is also the best GPU for a 1440p game if you want a further low price GPU then 1070TI could be the best choice but it lacks the latest Ray tracing technology if you don’t care about that then go for GeForce 1070Ti.